I know it’s so hard to find exactly the invitations that you’re looking for.
That’s why my favourite way to make invitations is to custom design every single part of the stationery – the fonts, the ink colours, envelope liners, wax seals, selecting the paper! All of it. It’s all tailored and made with you & your fiancée in mind, inspired by your unique story and reflecting the style of your wedding day.
Hi. I’m Amanda. The one behind Silverplate Press. I am obsessed with quality stationery and fine art printing and I find beauty in the details. My heart fills up to the brim when I get to help couples with their wedding stationery – to be trusted with such an important thing… I’m just so grateful for it.
I have been a designer for about 12 years (I’m older than I look, ha ha), and letterpress printing for about eight. I’ve gotten to know my letterpress really well and know how to get that beautiful pressed look in the paper. Letterpress is perfectly imperfect – considered a flaw back in the day to have any sort of impression in the paper, it’s now how it’s distinguished. I love that about it so much.
I find beauty in stillness, in nature and in slowing down my pace – letterpress slows me down and helps me be more present in the moment. I love the sound it makes as it clinks with each passing sheet, and the stickiness of the ink as the rollers pass over it.
I would be so honoured to work with you on your invitations.
I can’t wait to hear from you!
5 random things about me:
1. I'm a good coffee drinker, and I believe that the longer it takes to make coffee the better it is.
2. I find beauty and calmness in nature and love that I have "Nature-Fridays" with my littlest one, August, where we explore swamps, throw rocks in the bay, and just have our own little adventures.
3. I could eat ice cream in a snowstorm.
4. I was born is Switzerland and even though I moved to Canada when I was six, I still feel a part of me is in those mountains.
5. I always fall asleep during movies.